The terms and conditions set out below apply to all holidays sold by Islands of Greece. In your interests we ask you to read them carefully. In these conditions "we" shall mean Islands of Greece a trading name of Visions Holiday Group ATOL 5889 and "you" shall mean the person in whose name the booking is made and accepted and shall include the person or persons on whose behalf the same is made and accepted.
***New from January 2018***
All hotels will now be charging an additional tax that is payable locally at the hotel. The charges are as follow but are subject to change without prior notice.
5* hotels: € 4,00 p/room & per night
4* hotels: € 3,00 p/room & per night
3* hotels: € 1,50 p/room & per night
2* hotels: € 0,50 p/room & per night
1* hotels: € 0,50 p/room & per night
1. BOOKING AND DEPOSIT When we receive your completed Booking form and deposit, we will send you a holiday confirmation or give verbal confirmation if booked within 13 weeks of departure. At these points a contract is made between us.
2. PAYING THE BALANCE You must pay this 13 weeks before departure or at time of booking if within the 13 weeks. If you do not, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled. You could then be liable to pay us cancellation charges up to 100% of the final invoice total as set out in Clause 5. For all new bookings taken from 13 January 2018, Visions Holiday Group will be accepting credit card payments up to the total value of £1500.00 per booking reference, this will incur no extra fees. The remaining balance if applicable will need to be settled by debit card or by BACS payment.
3. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING If you wish to alter your booking, we will do our best to assist. There will be an amendment charge of £30 per booking. However, if within 13 weeks of departure you wish to change your booking, we reserve the right to treat this as a cancellation of the original booking and cancellation charges will then apply as per Clause 5. Should the number of persons booked into the accommodation change, the price will be recharged on the basis of the new party size. If you take a holiday utilising scheduled flight services or special bought-in charter flights, please check the cancellation charges at the time of booking as these may differ from Clause 5. Name changes on such flights (if allowed) will be charged to you at cost in addition to the above amendment charge.
4. IF WE CHANGE YOUR BOOKING It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your holiday. However, holiday arrangements are made many months in advance and changes are sometimes unavoidable. Most changes are minor and we will advise you as soon as possible. If we make a major change to the holiday after the date when the holiday balance is due, you will have the choice of:
a) accepting the changes.
b) purchasing another holiday available from us.
c) cancelling your holiday in which case we will refund all monies paid to us.
If you choose a), b) or c), we will pay you compensation as follows:
Period before scheduled departure within which a major change is notified. Compensation per fare paying passenger:
More than 91 days: Nil
90-29 days: £10
28-14 days: £15
13-0 days: £20
A major change to your holiday is one that we make before the scheduled date of departure which involves a change of airport, resort area, time of departure more than 12 hours, or change of accommodation to a lower official category. It does not include a flight delay when checking in. Compensation will not be paid if:
a) there is a major change before the final balance is due.
b) if we have not received the final balance from you.
c) when changes result from events beyond our control (see Clause 7 - Important Notice).
A change of airline or aircraft is not considered a major change.
5. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY Should you or any member of your party wish to cancel your holiday, immediate notice in writing by the person signing the booking form must be sent to us. Cancellation charges are payable by you from date of receipt of written notification and are as follows unless purchased a special priced holiday.
More than 91 days: loss of deposit
90-43 days: 40% of total holiday cost or deposit if greater
42-0 days: 100% of total holiday cost
If the number of persons in the bookings change, the holiday price will be recalculated on the basis of the amended party size.
6. IF WE CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY We will not cancel your holiday within 13 weeks of departure unless events occur beyond our control (see Clause 7) or if you have not paid your holiday balance (see Clause2).
7. IMPORTANT NOTICE Compensation will not be paid when changes in the holiday, including its duration, are due to Force Majeure, namely war or threat of war, terrorist activity or threat of such activity, riots or civil or industrial unrest or threat of such activity, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, adverse weather conditions, for health or safety reasons, technical problems affecting transport or any other event or circumstances outside our control. In the event of a delay or cancellation of international or internal flights, hydrofoils, ferries or other transportation for any reason beyond our control, we do not accept liability for any additional costs you may incur, nor will any compensation be payable.
8. OUR PRICE GUARANTEE The price of your travel arrangements is subject to surcharges on the following items: for increases in transportation costs such as fuel, scheduled airfares and any other airline surcharges which are part of the contract between airlines (and their agents) and the tour operator or organiser, Government action such as increases in VAT or any other Government imposed increases and currency changes in relation to adverse exchange rate variations. Even in these cases we will absorb an amount equal to 2% of the holiday price which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. Only amounts in excess of this 2% will be surcharged. If this totals more than 10% of the holiday price, you will be entitled to cancel your holiday with a full refund of all monies paid except any amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel because of this, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date of the surcharge invoice.
9. CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE When you travel with an air or sea carrier, conditions of carriage apply, some of which limit or exclude liability. Some of these conditions are governed by international agreements, copies of which can be provided on request.
10. COMPLAINTS Occasionally things do go wrong and this is the procedure to follow. YOU MUST INFORM EITHER OURSELVES OR OUR NOMINTATED AGENT AT THE TIME OF HAPPENING. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS CONTRACT. We can normally put things right on the spot. However, if not amicably resolved, any dispute maybe referred to arbitration.
11.OUR RESPONSIBILITY We accept responsibility for ensuring that the holiday which you book with us is in accordance with the website description and that the services offered are of a reasonable standard. We will pay you damages calculated in accordance with English legal principles in respect of death, bodily injury or illness suffered by you during your holiday provided that it arises from the negligent acts and/or omissions of our employees, agents, suppliers or sub-contractors, whilst acting within the scope of, or in the course of their employment or business with us. Note: We reserve the right to claim in your place against the person or suppliers responsible for causing the injury, illness or death. We shall give every reasonable assistance to you, if through mishap, you suffer illness, personal injury or death during the period of the holiday arising out of an activity which is not part of the holiday arrangement or an excursion offered by us. If you bring legal proceedings arising out of the mishap, subject to our reasonable discretion and providing that you request it within 90 days of the occurance of the mishap, we will meet the initial legal costs associated with such proceedings. This will be limited to £5,000 per party and may be granted as a loan if you have suitable insurance cover already, or if there is any claim for the costs against a third party. Nothing in this Clause 11 shall apply to anything arising out of carriage by sea, air or land to which international conventions apply and limit the obligations and liabilities of the carrier.
12. WEBSITE AND BROCHURE DESCRIPTIONS. These are based on visits made many months before you go on holiday. We take all reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the holiday desciptions and photgraphs which appear. However, we do not accept liability for any furniture or chattels appearing in a photograph which may have been changed or moved from the accommodation since the photgraph was taken. There may also be certain times when facilties mentioned may not be available due to lack of support, adverse weather etc. for which we cannot accept responsibility.
13. CONSUMER PROTECTION The air holidays and flights on this website and in our brochure are ATOL protected since we hold an Air Travel Organiser's Licence granted by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is ATOL 5889. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit the ATOL website at:www.atol.co.uk
As the ATOL scheme only covers holiday vacations that include return flights commencing in and returning to the UK only, ground arrangement only holiday vacation packages are not covered by the ATOL scheme.
Ground arrangement only holidays and accommodation only arrangements are financially protected by the Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT membership number 5217).
The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 for Visions Holiday Group, and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following:
1. non-flight packages and
2. flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the EU, which are sold to customers outside of the EU.
ABTOT cover provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled or repatriation if you are abroad. Please note that bookings made outside the EU are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Visions Holiday Group.
In the unlikely event that you require assistance whilst abroad due to our financial failure, please call the ABTOT 24/7 helpline on 01702 811397 and advise you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company.
You can access the The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2018/9780111168479/contents
14. PASSPORTS, VISAS AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS.
We will always endeavour to advise of current passport, visa and health requirements but it is your resposibility to check for your own specific needs. Information on health is contained in the Department of Health leaflet T6 (Health advice for Travellers) available from your local Department of Health office and most Post Offices. For European holidays you should obtain a Form E111 (details in leaflet T6 referred to above) prior to departure.
It is your responsibilty to ensure that you are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. All costs incurred in obtaining such documentation must be paid by you. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry correct documentation. If you or any member of your party is not a British citizen or holds a non British passport, you must check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of the country(ies) to or through which you are intending to travel. If failure to have any necessary travel or other documents results in fines, surcharges or other financial penalty being imposed on us, you will be responsible for reimbursing us accordingly.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information, click here.
15. FLIGHT INFORMATION We cannot accept liability for any delay which is due to any of the reasons set out in Clause 7 of these booking conditions (which also includes the behaviour of any passenger(s) on the flight who are are refused boarding for whatever reason and those that fail to check in or board on time).
The flight timings given on bookings are for general guidance only and are subject to change. The latest timings will be shown on your confirmation invoice. However, the actual flight times will be those shown on your tickets which will be despatched to you approximately two weeks before departure. Please allow sufficient time when planning any onward connections as we cannot be held responsible if these are miseed due to any delays.You must accordingly check your tickets very carefully immediately on receipt to ensure you have the correct flight times. It is possible that flight times may be changed even after tickets have been despatched - we will contact you as soon as possible if this occurs.
We are not always in a position to confirm the airline, aircraft type and airport of destination which will be used in connection with any flight included in your arrangements. When this information is provided at the time of booking or subsequently , it is subject to change. Any such change will not entitle you cancel or change to other arrangements without paying our normal charges.
CHECK-IN The check-in desks open 3 hours prior to departure. Passengers must check-in at least 2 hours prior to departure.
For security purposes all passengers must be present at the check-in desks.
Passengers must arrive at the departure gate no less than 40 minutes prior to departure. Failure to do so could result in the passengers' baggage being offloaded and travel being refused.
IN-FLIGHT MEALS If passengers are entitled to, or have paid for a meal and have special dietary requirements (inclusive of food allergies) please notify us at least 4 full working days prior to departure, we are happy to arrange the following at no extra charge: Vegetarian - VLML, Vegan - VGML, Gluten Free - GFML, Nut Free - NFML and Dairy Free - DFML.We will endeavour to meet special dietary requirements but cannot guarantee their provision. Whilst most airlines may offer Nut Free Meals on board aircraft, they are unable to guarantee a nut free enviroment on board.
CARRIAGE OF WHEELCHAIRS Airlines can carry a large number of wheelchairs and/or mobility scooters free of charge, both manual and powered wheelchairs/scooters can be carried . On powered wheelchairs/scooters the battery must be disconnected and the terminals insulated, they will only accept a dry or gel cell battery which must be securely attached to the wheelchair/mobility aid. The wheelchair size must be approved by the airline for the type of aircraft you are travelling on, as some devices must remain in an upright position and need specialist handling. Passengers must inform the airline if they intend to travel with a wheelchair/mobility aid. Please note due to a new health and safety policy airlinew cannot accept any Wheelchair/Mobility aid weighing over 100kgs.
ASSISTANCE AT AIRPORT Passengers requiring wheelchair assistance are identified as follows: WCHR- passengers who can ascend and descend the aircraft steps and make their own way to the aircraft seat but cannot walk long distances. WCHS - passengers who are unable to ascend/descend the aircraft steps, but can make their own way to the aircraft seat and cannot walk long distances. WCHC - passengers who are totally immobile and need lifting into the aircraft seat, all passengers who require WCHC assistance must travel with a carer. Please advise the airline if you require any of the above assistance to be pre-booked.
MEDICATION Passengers carrying syringes and/or needles must carry a doctor's note or a repeat prescription as confirmation of their medical requirement for carriage in the cabin. If this is not provided then carriage may be refused. All medication or medical equipment is to be carried as hold luggage, if carriage is required in the cabin please contact the airline with the dimensions and weight of the equipment. If you are on medication, please ensure you carry sufficient quantities for your journey allowing for nay dealys, this must be carried with you in the cabin.
OXYGEN REQUESTS For safety reasons passengers are not permitted to carry their own oxygen in the cabin. Oxygen bottles may be carried in the hold of the aircraft but must be emptied prior to checking-in. The provision of on-board oxygen can be booked through the airline three weeks prior to departure. Any passenger with a respiratory condition must contact the airline so a medical assessment can be arranged on behalf of the airline no later than 3 weeks before departure. In some cases the doctor may stipulate that travel may not be permitted unless additional oxygen is arranged.
EXPECTANT MOTHERS From the 28th week of pregnancy a medical certificate must be obtained and taken to the check-in desk, stating the stage of pregnancy for your flights and confirming fitness to fly. Expectant mothers will not be accepted for carriage from the first day of week 34 of pregnancy.
BABIES AND INFANTS An infant is classified as being more than 2 weeks old and less than 2 years old, airlines do not carry infants under 2 weeks old. If an infant is 2 years old for the return trip then a return child/adult seat must be purchased. Car seats can be used for infants and children between the ages of 3-36 months, providing a seat is purchased. Car seats must be forward facing, have a five-point harness and conform to British safety standards. Meals are not provided for infants but cabin crew are happy to warm baby food if required. Although infants do not have a baggage allowance nappies, collapsable pushchairs and buggies are carried in addition to the parent's allowance, within reason.
CABIN BAGGAGE Only one piece of hand baggage per passenger is permitted in the cabin. Hand baggage dimensions depend on the carriers conditiions,
HOLD BAGGAGE If you have purchased hold baggage this can be 15 or 20 kilos per passanger, please check at time of booking.
RESTRICTED ARTICLES Very strict legislation exists on the carriage of flammable or poisonous substances. Items such as paint, varnish, lighter fuel, gas refills for hair stylers, fireworks, flares or party poppers cannot be carried. Pistols cannot be carried and the regulations concerning the carriage of sporting guns or restricted items can be obtained from the airline. Other dangerous goods not permitted include flammable liquids and solids, compressed gases, corrosives, Oxidising materials and Radioactive materials. The following items are not permitted for carriage within the cabin: toy or replica guns, catapults, household cutlery, knives with blades of any length, razor blades, tools, darts, scissors, knitting needles, sporting bats, billiard, snooker or pool cues. This list is not exhaustive and does not exclude other dangerous items.
MOBILE PHONES Please be advised that these are not allowed to be switched on at any stage during the flight, including standby and in-flight modes. Other devices containing a radio receiver or transmitter are also banned from use onboard. In some countries these must remain switched off when going through security checks.
PORTABLE ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT Laptops, electronic games, personal organisers, hand held TV's, walkmans and portable DVD and CD players are all allowed to be used on board but must be switched off when the seat belt sign is illuminated. Please check with the cabin crew on board for exact details of you using electronic equipment during flight. (Devices containing a radio receiver or transmitter are banned from use on board).
LIGHTERS Cigarette lighters and safety matches are not allowed to be packed in any baggage travelling in the hold or cabin, they must be kept 'on the person' for the entire flight.
LOST OR DAMAGED BAGGAGE The majority of baggage is carried without incident. On the rare occasion that baggage is damaged or mishandled passengers should report the incident at the airport of arrival before leaving the baggage hall. Failure to do so may cause delay or rejection of a claim. If damage is not noticed prior to leaving the airport, passengers have seven days in which to inform the airline in writing.
ACCOMMODATION ONLY INFORMATION
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES Clients must arrive between 4pm and 6pm. Outside of these times, access to the property can sometimes be arranged, but this will depend on the individual housekeeper or owner. IF YOU ARE MAKING YOUR OWN TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS, IT IS IMPORTANT TO BEAR IN MIND THAT A LATE ARRIVAL MAY NECESSITATE AN OVERNIGHT STOP ELSEWHERE. Clients are requested to vacate the accommodation by 0930 on the day of departure in order that sufficient time is allowed to prepare the accommodation for the next occupants.
LATE ARRIVALS The company cannot accept responsibility for clients missing aircraft, ferries or trains due to late arrival of connecting arrangements.
COLLECTION OF KEYS You will be notified on your holiday voucher.